A day in the life of a child in an informal settlement.
Hi I am 11 years old .
This morning in Dunoon we have to walk to school everyday barefoot sometimes my friends and I get glass in our feet or some other things but then we still have to walk to hospital and my father is very sick from HIV .So every day we have to wake up very early to go to the hospital and my ,mom has to walk to the tap or I have to walk to the tap.At our schools we don’t have proper classrooms and five people are squished at a small desk and we don’t have lights so it is sometimes very hard to see .In my house we don’t have electricity .We have to walk to the toilet .At the hospital we have wait in lines .The toilets are long drop toilets so if the little kids fall in they can’t get.In my house when it rains it comes through the roof.So we have put buckets in our house.We have to walk in the rivers .Almost everyone is sick in our township . Some people have to sit on the floor in our class .Our bathrooms in the school are very dirty.I wish my house is waterproof and I really wish I had shoes so I could walk to school without glass going my feet.Oh how could I forget my house is very strong . At my school I wish we could get chairs .
Jayden you have identified some very real challenges with everyday life. Just remember to check spelling and punctuation!
ReplyDelete